Friday, September 22, 2017

DAILY DEVO...will you go?

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

In the book of Isaiah lies a question that each of us will have to answer, "who will go?" 

(Isaiah 6:8) “Then I heard the Lord asking, ‘Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?’ I said, ‘Here I am. Send me.’” 

Many people apply this scripture to those called into missions. But don't you know that "missions" is everywhere and we all have to answer the question and decide if we will make ourselves available to go. 

But go where?

The mission field is in our backyards, at our jobs, in the grocery store and yes, even in the Sunday school rooms of church. God may call you to Africa or China but first He will call you at home. 

Not everyone accepts the call. Moses didn't want to go to Egypt and Jonah tried to escape what God asked of him. We aren't much different; looking for ways to get around our responsibility of teaching a class, holding a prayer meeting or witnessing to our neighbor. 

Jesus said the harvest was full, but the laborers are few. Isaiah answered the call and said, "here I am, send me." What is your answer today - will you go?

HAVE A BLESSED (and fruitful) day. Laurie


TODAY'S READING: Isaiah 6-8, 2 Corinthians 1:12-2:4, Psalm 143:7-12

No comments: