Wednesday, September 20, 2017

DAILY DEVO...have you been washed?

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

The first chapter of Isaiah starts off with how the acts of sin are dealt with. Not by man but by God. 

With man, our former sins will be forever remembered and even held over our heads but that's not the nature of God...

(Isaiah 1:16-17a) "Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong. Learn to do right; seek justice."

When we come to God, He doesn't want us to stay the same way as we came. He wants us to be clean of those things that separate us from Him. 

I don't know about you, but there are days that I need to bathe at least once, sometimes twice. Not just physically but spiritually. 

I am so thankful that when I lay down my wrong doings, wrong thinking and wrong attitudes before the Lord, He swoops it up, washes me and doesn't leave me sitting in my muck any longer. 

God will never leave us in our sin after He forgives us. Isn't that a wonderful thing to know?

Now if we could just learn to do right as our scripture today says, it sure would save on water and soap! 

HAVE A BLESSED (and washed by the Blood) day! LAURIE


TODAY'S READING: Isaiah 1-2, 1 Corinthians 16, Psalm 142 

No comments: