Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Finding A Calm in Your Storm

As many of you know, over 5 months ago I had hand reconstruction done on my dominate hand. So many of you have prayed and come along the journey with me and I thank you for that.

I wish I could say that it has been easy, but it hasn't. After 4 months of therapy every week, I have finally come to the end of that part of this journey. I'm walking away from handy therapy with only 50% of strength regained. My work is not done yet, I had really hoped to be further along the recovery road than this.

I don't know why things have to be so hard.

Recently, I was thinking about the disciples who found themselves in the midst of a storm while on the Sea of Galilee. The winds and waves rocked their boat all night long. I have no doubt that these men prayed fervently for the storm to cease or at least to make it safely to the other side where land was.

Everyone, in their time of need, probably asks the same question that the disciples probably asked, "Lord, why don't you calm this storm?"

I have always found it interesting that in this story Jesus did not bring the boat to safe land, but instead, He walked out to the boat in the middle of the storm.

In the past 5 months, I can't say that I have understood all that I've had to endure but I can assure you that I never doubted God's plan. Instead of looking for a way out of my storm, I've sought strength to withstand the storm.

In my quest for finding that dry land in my situation, I've come to realize it is better to stay in the boat to ride out the storm and wait for God to come to me.

"He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed." (Psalm 107:29)

Whatever storm you face today, trust God because He will not let you sink or drown. Instead of looking for a way to escape, look for His purpose in your pain and then watch for your rainbow...It is coming, just like He promised.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: