Friday, November 4, 2016

Find Your Burning Bush

I early voted the other day. I don't tell you so that you should ask me "who" I voted for, I tell you that to encourage you to exercise your American right and responsibility and get out and vote. Who you vote for is your business, not mine.

When I voted, I got a sticker saying "I voted" and in the short time that I wore it, I had 5 people stop me and ask me who I had voted for. When I told one person that I couldn't tell them, they asked me "why". My response was, "because that is between me and God."

I know some people have no problem saying whom they stand behind and support. Many people have debated it on Facebook and some have even gotten ugly if you don't agree with them. Even Christians. My daughter had one Christian woman delete her on Facebook because she was for "the other opponent".

I don't know, maybe it is just me, but I just think some things need to be left between you and God.

I, for one, keep my political views to myself. I lean upon the direction and leading of God not the pressure and cursing of other Americans (or other Christians).

Likewise, there are some very intimate places of my heart that is just reserved for God. Words cannot describe the love, mercy and grace that God has bestowed upon me. Even though I share my testimony with others (and we should), there are some places that I've been with God that are beyond words.

"Whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself what he approves." (Romans 14:22)


Jacob found himself all alone when he and God wrestled, (see Genesis 32). Jacob had cheated his brother out of his birthright, God could have dealt with Jacob right then or at any time but He waited until Jacob was alone. I've always found it curious that God waited until the middle of the night when Jacob was all alone.

I've had a few of those life changing "Jacob" moments. It is nearly impossible for me to describe the mercy I have felt from my God, but some of the depth of His love extended to me isn't for your ears. It is something to be held tightly between me and God, He completely understands my "thank you" and "amen" because He has walked me through some burning bushes.

May you find some of those Jacob life changing moments yourself and savor His grace in your own heart.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: