Wednesday, September 14, 2016

DAILY DEVO...are you good enough?

TODAY'S DAILY...

Have you ever felt like no matter how hard you try, your “good” is just never good enough? No matter how high you jump, it’s not high enough?

These feelings of unworthiness can creep up on us out of nowhere and sometimes the feelings of never measuring up comes at the hand of others speaking it over us.

It is very important that we deal with these emotions in a healthy way so that it doesn't mess us up. I know first hand that when we begin to listen to voices that say we aren't enough, it begins to feel like we are carrying a bag of bricks on our back, weighing us down.

I felt like that not long ago, it seemed no matter how hard I tried, to this particular persons mind and eye, I could never be good enough. They already had me marked and no amount of words or acts could change their view. Not realizing that the bricks they carried now were on my back. It was difficult for me to stand straight up because of the baggage that now weighed me down, the lie that I wasn't good enough was now on me to carry.

Or was it?

Not any more, I've come to realize since then that God is not like man. I don't have to show Him my works to be good enough. I don't have to be the smartest, jump the highest, or be the prettiest to receive His perfect love. I don't have to try to be good enough for Him; I just need to be myself. Be who He created me to be.

The fact is, none of us will ever be good enough for people, we will stumble and fall because none of us are perfect. While we cannot be good enough for each other, finding our worth in Christ alone is where we will see that Gods grace, love and forgiveness IS enough!

If you are telling others that they are not good enough...STOP IT!

If you believe when others say that you are not good enough...STOP IT!

 "Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God." (2 Corinthians 3:5)

Our worth is in Christ and that alone makes us good enough!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: