Friday, June 10, 2016

DAILY DEVO...Don't just look, see!

When my husband and I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris a few years ago, it was breathtaking to take everything in.  My husband would point out key sites and ask me, "do you see that?" Most of the time I just didn't see what he was seeing. Until I looked thru the binoculars, seeing things up close changed my entire perspective.

What seemed so distant and small now became so vivid and clear. My eye could only see a fraction of the picture until I examined alittle more carefully.

That's the mistake that so many of us make, we look around and miss seeing the full picture because we don't look closely enough.

If we're not careful, we might miss someone's good qualities, we might miss the potential for encouraging someone, we might miss that God is bigger than our problem. If we aren't careful, we will miss seeing what God wants us to see; all because we are too busy looking but not seeing.

While in Paris, I did not want to miss a thing. I wanted to take in every building, every color and every sunset. I wish that the same 'want to' existed when we looked at each other.

While you may see a muffin top in me, God sees a beautiful Princess. While you may see all the things I can't do, God sees all the things that I can. While you see my failures, God sees my testimony. While you just look at me from a distant view, God looks closely at every angle.

“For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Sam. 16:7)

Have you ever considered that how you see someone isn't an accurate view? Perhaps you aren't looking closely enough. You might need to change the angle that you look from in order to see what you have been missing.

Don't just look, SEE people for who they really are. See them as Christ sees them. Take in the full view.

No comments: