Thursday, May 28, 2015

DAILY DEVO...we all need friends

When I look over my life, I can recall different people who have come and gone. I'm not necessarily talking about those who have passed away. I'm talking about friendships that once were, but have disappeared.


We all need friends in our life. I don't mean friends that make us laugh or make us feel good. I'm talking about the kind of friends that love us enough to share Christ with us and share correction in love when it is needed.


It is difficult to find a friend like that. I was reminded of this when I was chatting with an old friend of mine. Seems like time can slip away and we don't get to talk like we use to, but when we do, it's so refreshing to hear of how God is working in her life. Every time I hang up the phone, I feel refreshed and wanting more of God in my own life.


You see, a friend with zeal for Christ, will become contagious to you and you will want more of what they have.


It is true what is said, "we become like those we hang around" or "bad company corrupts good morals". I suppose this is what the writer of Hebrews is referring to:


"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near." -Hebrews 10:25



Be the kind of friend that stirs up Christ in others and more importantly, choose friends who do the same. We all need friends, but we also need the right ones; godly ones!


No comments: