Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I love writing devotions, but...

I just love writing devotions.

And more than writing them, I love reading them. To me, whenever I write a devo here on my personal blog, or share one with the readers of other Christian sites, or post some spiritual thoughts over on my ministry page on facebook, its like offering a short shot of spiritual wisdom.

Daily devotions are a great way to start your day or if you are having trouble finding time to spend with God, it is a great way to get you started. Each day has 1,440 minutes in it, but sometimes it is difficult to find just 5 to give to God! That's why I love writing devotionals...5 minutes can propel you into 10 or 20 minutes and then before long, you are contemplating on what you read and want to dig deeper into Gods Word and find out more.

No matter what you are going thru, God's Word is so full of love, peace and wisdom. And every question that you ever have can be found within the pages of Gods Word. Reading daily devotions is good, and I hope you take time to read mine, but it cannot compare, and should not be a substitute for spending time with God. Hopefully, what I pen here will spur you on to dig deeper and find out for yourself the truth and peace that is found in spending time with God.

"Listen carefully to wisdom; set your mind on understanding." Proverbs 2:2

2 comments:

LifenotesEncouragement said...

i love writing them also, though i've never been publish. they minister to me and i always hope they minister to someone else.

Denise said...

I love your writing.