Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A PIECE OF MY HEART...carry me

When my children were little, they liked to be carried. Especially if they were afraid of  something. My daughter at age 2 did not like to get her feet wet. If the lawn was wet, she would look up to me with her hands outstretched asking me to pick her up and carry her. Once we got past the wet grass, she felt safe to get down on her own again.

I was thinking about that and how I often times need to be carried just like my children did. When things come across my way that seem difficult or scare me, I would like to just stretch my arms out and feel like someone is carrying me thru the bad stuff.

Truth be told, just like a parent who will pick up and carry their young children, our Heavenly Father does the same thing for His children. When I am sad, scared, disappointed, discouraged, unsure, apprehensive or just needing some direction, with each step God carries us.

Isaiah 46:4 - Even in your old age and grey hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

My children are grown now, and probably have outgrown me physically picking them up and carrying them. But just like us, they are never too old to be carried by God. His love will sustain us for all time. No matter what our age or circumstance. All we have to do is reach our hands out to Him and He will carry us thru.

Going thru a difficult time? Lift your eyes up and allow God to carry you thru!

2 comments:

Shanda said...

It is such a comfort to know, not only is God carrying us, but that He carries our children. Even when they are gone and out of our mother's reach, they are never too far from His arms.

Patti Hanan said...

I have counted on God many times to carry me through, and he has been faithful!