Monday, May 2, 2011

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Boy, around here, clouds have become a natural thing. The south has been hit with some wet and wild weather in the last week. Last week we got hit by tornadoes and a monsoon and now today it is raining, raining and raining! We have gotten so much rain that streets are flooded. School was canceled today because of flooding. Our Walmart is closed due to flooding. Its crazy...I keep looking to the sky to find a glimpse of the sun, but all I see are the dark clouds.

I always heard the saying, "Every cloud has a silver lining", I have been looking for the silver lining this week but I just don't see anything but darkness in the clouds in the sky. But that saying is not talking about clouds literally in the sky, but it is talking about the dark clouds that fester up in our lives. It basically means that we should never feel hopeless because difficult times always lead to better days.

JEREMIAH  29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

So many times in life, when difficulties come, it feels like a dark cloud has moved over our residence and wherever we go, the dark cloud travels with us. It is difficult to see anything except that dark cloud and the difficult situation that we are in. But the amazing thing about clouds is this, no matter if the cloud is white and fluffy or if the cloud is dark, God is ALWAYS in the cloud. When the cloud moves, God moves with it. Often times, we can't see Him or even feel Him but there is no doubt that He is there.

One thing I have learned this past week is that sometimes we have to go thru some dark clouds before we can see the sunshine again. But one thing is for sure...the sun will come back out again and when it does, it will dry up all the rain.

The same thing is true of the dark clouds in our life. Sometimes before we get to the good stuff, we have to go through some bad stuff. I never want to regret the difficult times in my past for it is what makes me what I am today. I am stronger. Wiser. A better person. More faithful. More confident. This is the silver lining that comes from the dark clouds in my life.

Are you under a dark cloud right now?

Hang on, your silver lining is coming. The dark clouds won't linger for long, before you know it, the SON will be shining again!

No comments: