Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A PIECE OF MY HEART...cleaning up.

Have you ever wondered how a messy person and an ocd person can live under the same roof? Well, from experience, I can tell you its not always easy! lol

I am by nature a clean freak, my children say I am ocd, I don't think it is quite THAT bad but, I do like things to be picked up and orderly. However, not everyone who lives with me in my house has the same thinking. For instance, right now, you could go into either one of my children's bedrooms and see what I mean. Total disarray. Complete messiness.

It is difficult for me to understand how or WHY people live like that. When I tackle a cleaning job around the house, I do it all the way, I clean from top to bottom. I move things out of the way to dust or clean and put it back. "Cleaning" means something else to other family members ... my daughter often tells me that she cleaned her room, but yet when you go to inspect, it is difficult to see where exactly she has cleaned.

Unfortunately, some of us have this same cleaning technique when it comes to our spiritual well being. The Bible says that we are ALL sinners, saved by Grace. And I am thankful for that reassurance, but the truth is that many of us take on an attitude of "well, I am not sinning all that much!."

"If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness" (1 John 1:8–9 NLT).


Many times we go about "cleaning up" the sin in our life like we do cleaning around the house. Some of us are procrastinators. We put off what we should do. We half heartily clean up the mess. If we would all just get alittle ocd with our spiritual well being, we might realize that cleaning up the small messes will keep us from having a bigger mess. May we repent on a daily basis and keep our heart clean before God.

Now...if I could only get the kids to clean their room daily!

No comments: