Thursday, September 9, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY...the Truth

This week I have had more than one person ask questions about the validity of the Bible. We live in a day now, more so than ever before, where doubt surrounds people's faith. I don't know why that is. Possibly it is because so many have gotten laid back in their beliefs. Or possibly it is because some families no longer pray together as a family or attend weekly church services together.

I see more and more of this to be true, as I see many young people coming thru the doors of church that have never heard the simple Bible Stories of Jonah and Joseph and Moses. I hear these same young people ask, "what is Sunday School?" It is time that we get back to what the founding Fathers built this country on ..."In God we trust!" and return our families back to the basics of knowing the Truth ... God's Holy Inspired Word!

The enemy is constantly attempting to erode and destroy the foundational truths of God’s Word using distortions, corruptions, half-truths, and modern “interpretations”, for he knows that...

 “if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11:3)

We cannot be deceived by these subtle ploys of Satan any longer. If we agree to alter or dilute the Word of God to accommodate our circumstances, we will end up exactly where that serpent wants us; in disobedience, sin, and sorrow. The enemy is working hard, but we must work harder at revealing the Truth to those who have not heard it.

I am so thankful on this THANKFUL THURSDAY that God's Word never changes. It is! It was! and It will always be!

In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. John 1: 1

You can't take anything away or add to it. It is the absolute, definite, amazing, powerful Word of God! The Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth. I am so thankful that the Truth has set me free..how about you?

What are you thankful for this week? Join your grateful heart with ours over at http://www.eph2810.com/ . Iris is our gracious hostess this month!

11 comments:

pam said...

Amen & AMEN---for 40 some years His Word has been feeding me....so thankful. Hope you have a grand day!

eph2810 said...

Amen to that, Laurie! Sometimes people take His Word out of context and use it to their advantage of sinning. We really need to know that His Word says, so we can examine every message we hear.

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Love & peace,
<>< Iris

A Faithful Journey said...

Great post!
I couldn't agree more! I want my children growing up in church and getting involved in as much as they can, just as I did. I pray my family stays strong in the word and in faith of His plan for our lives!

Happy TT! You can visit my TT Post at: http://bookandyarn.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Amen! It is sad that many young ones do not know Bible stories or the stability of going to church. It is hard for me to get mine there by myself when my husband works,but I am doing it! I want mine to have not only a personal relationship,but a body of believers to worship with.

Thank you~

Michele Williams said...

Amen sister! So true! I am standing with you!!

Krista said...

"The enemy is working hard, but we must work harder at revealing the Truth to those who have not heard it" - I love this line in your post! It is so true! Great post today Laurie!

Luv Ya - Krista

Toyin O. said...

The bible is the only truth that can set us free. Great post!

bp said...

I'm thankful His Word is TRUTH.
Happy Thankful Thursday!
Bethany

Cindy said...

Laurie what a great post, and it's so true.

That is one of the main reason to "stay in the word" so you cannot be swayed, manipulated, tricked, or enticed into the ways of the world. But to stand firm on God's word.

Thanks for sharing this.

Hugs!

Misty said...

Thank you for this post.. I was the person who didn't know the stories in the bible, the child that didn't walk into church until after I was 29. I am thankful for The Word and for God always confirming it for me!

God bless you,
Misty

Karen said...

Amen! So thankful for that truth!