Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A PIECE OF MY HEART...everyone is afraid of something!

Do you have fears? I think all of us are afraid of something. I only have a few fears: I am afraid of drowning, I am afraid of heights and I am afraid of mice. I am not only afraid of mice, but I am afraid of small mice, large mice, pet mice, and dead mice. All of them ... if it answers to "mice", I fear it!

All mice to me is just... creepy. It may be a little thing, but those little, creepy things just "creep" me out! I remember one time (and my family remembers it well too, as they laugh out loud) when I reached for the saltine cracker box from the pantry. As I reached into the box to pull a sleeve of saltine crackers out, a little mouse jumped out of the box. I threw the box, screamed hysterically and started jumping up and down! It literally scared the heevy jeevies out of me! Meanwhile, as I was having a complete meltdown with a total cardiac arrest, my family stood across the room laughing hysterically at me.

Wrong decision. For my family, that is. My fear was NOT a laughing matter. They laughed, I did not. They claim that my hysteria scared the little rodent so badly, he probably dropped dead of his own type of cardiac arrest.

Fears...it can really stop us in our tracks. If not rodents, I dare say that each of us have a fear of our own. Possibly it is the fear of failing or the fear of letting someone down. None of us like the feeling of fear, but sometimes God uses our fears to get our attention. Fears can alert us to danger and it can even motivate us to get out and do whatever needs to be done.

DEUTERONOMY 3:8 "The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."
God always provides a way of escape for us. Give your fears to Him; watch and see how He will bring calm and comfort to your life. He will not poke fun at your fear, but He will help you to overcome it!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, He always brings me comfort.

C.White said...

Mice...lol.

I'm afraid of heights...

I don't understand God. Doesn't He say to be afraid of Him?

Great-Granny Grandma said...

This post really made me laugh, but not at you. You could have been describing me. It brought back memories of a similar incident I blogged about, except that in my case, the Lord was very merciful and kept me from realizing it was a mouse that had jumped over my arm when I opened the pantry door. I thought something must have fallen off a shelf--until I saw the evidence. PTL for His mercy, because I was alone when it happened and would have completely freaked out. He really does know the things we can handle and protects us from the things we can't. LOL