Thursday, June 17, 2010

TRACING FOOTPRINTS IN THE SNOW

While I am out of the country on a missions trip, I am re posting some older posts. This post originally posted on December 7, 2009:

Now that I live in the south, one of the things that I miss about this time of the year is a fresh snowfall. As a northern girl, I saw my share of snow growing up and believe me, now that I live in the south I don't miss shoveling it, or scraping it and shoveling it some more. But I do miss the beauty of seeing freshly fallen snow hanging ever so gently on the tree branches and the lightly covered ground.


The greatest thing about a lightly snow covered ground is that you can tell a story. You can retrace each step that was taken across the yard and tell where the steps began and where the steps ended. As a child, living in Wisconsin, I loved playing a game in the snow - where I would try to retrace someones steps in the snow. I would try to place my foot in the footprint of the one who walked across my yard and see where I would end up at.

As silly as that may sound to you now, it reminds me of exactly what God has done for us. He has already shown us the way, His footprints have been left for us - all we have to do is follow His steps.

PSALM 119:133 "Direct my footsteps according to Your Word; let no sin rule over me."

If we would follow His footsteps, we will never have to wander around, wondering which way is the right way or which way is the wrong way. As we follow His lead, God will be with us each step of the way.

Dear Lord - Thank You for sending me Your Son. Help me to follow His example and to be more like Him everyday. As I seek direction, help me to seek His footprints to find my way. I am so thankful that He will never lead me astray. AMEN

1 comment:

Denise said...

Asking God to keep you safe.