Thursday, April 29, 2010

AT THE WELL: time is precious

You can also find me today sharing a devo from my heart over at the AT THE WELL site:

I just attended the funeral of a friend. She battled cancer for the past year and half. She leaves 3 precious, beautiful teen daughters. She was only 38 years old.


I am certain if you would have told my friend two years ago that she had such a short time left on this earth to spend with her girls, she would have not believed you. But just like a blink of an eye, our lives can change. It did for my friend. And it has changed the lives of 3 precious girls forever.

Each of us has been given an allotted time on this earth. And God has given each of us purpose with that time He has allowed. There is purpose in the... READ THE REST HERE !


1 comment:

Karen said...

My son's best friend's mother died at that age, leaving three children. I remember once when we were out at the store together before she was ever sick. Her six year old son begged for a birthday cake with his name in blue writing and it was nowhere near his birthday. She bought it for him, saying, "just in case I ever miss one".