Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A PIECE OF MY HEART...Mr. Groundhog, what does my future hold?

Are you tired of winter where you live? Some of us have been hit hard with ice, snow and freezing temperatures. 17 years ago, my family moved to the south from the north, and one of the benefits of that relocation was nicer weather! For too many years I lived in the cold, freezing, snow drifted state of Wisconsin, the place where winter is like the energizer bunny ... it keeps going and going and going! But here in Arkansas, it is rare that we get snow.

But no matter where we live, it seems like all of us are anxious for winter to pass and for spring to come. For years now, we have all looked with great anticipation towards a little brown animal to tell us what is in store for our winter. The groundhog.

Today is Groundhog Day. The day that weathermen and people like you and me who are anxious for winter to pass, look to see what  little Punxsutawney Phil's prediction will be....6 more weeks of winter or not? You are familiar with the history of Groundhog day, so I won't bore you with the details but I am fascinated with the fixation that we have on an animal to predict what is to come.

I wonder what would happen if we put that same kind of fixation on Jesus Christ and on the plans that He has for us. After all, the future is really in His hands anyway, not a little fur ball named Phil.

So, today I place my trust, my hope and my future in Gods hands! How about you?

2 comments:

Denise said...

I do too.

gemini said...

God is always great all the time.