Friday, February 12, 2010

I need a GPS!

In two weeks I am driving to Oklahoma to visit my oldest son. Usually my husband drives us on these long drives but he is not able to come with me. I always feel safe when he is with me because he knows directions like the back of his hand. Without him, I am going to be dependent on my map and some directions off of google.

What I really need is a GPS. I do not have one in my car and I think it would probably come in handy for this upcoming trip. This handy little tool will tell me exactly where I am and exactly where I need to be! Somehow it recognizes your location and can tell you where to turn, when to turn and if you turned too many times and are lost!

Wouldn't it be great to have a GPS for our life? So many times I get lost in all of the choices available to me and I feel like I often times take a wrong turn in the decisions that I make. If only I could keep my eyes on Jesus, Who is my GPS. He knows exactly what is right and what is wrong, and He leads and directs my path when my focus is on Him.

HEBREWS 12:2 "Keep your eyes on Jesus, Who both began and finished this race we're in." (MSG)

Spending time with Jesus can sort out alot of wrong turns in life, His way is always the right way!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes wouldn't be wonderful if everytime you went to make a wrong move you would hear that voice saying, "No, turn RIGHT at this time." etc. etc. And yet your right, if we keep our eyes on Him, we'd hear that voice soo much clearer. Have a great week-end Laurie. Hugs, Debbie

Holly said...

Such an awesome way to put it...YES... Would love a spiritual GPS.. better yet....
I have a spiritual GPS (Holy Spirit) and it would be wonderful to walk in that spirit and allow him to direct my path more consistently! AMEN... Loved the post today!