Friday, August 28, 2009

TRAIN UP A CHILD

This week has been the week for this mother to see her children off to another part of the world to stand on their own. Earlier this week, we saw our middle son and his wife off as they moved to Utah. After 3 days on the road, they made it to their final destination, safely.

Today, we embark on yet another son moving. Jordan, our youngest son, is leaving home to attend Bible College in Texas. It is strange to see the past 19 years all packed up in a box.

Certainly, for this mother, this is a sad time because I will miss their presence. I will miss their laughter, their hugs and late night runs to DQ. But mostly, this mother is happy and content. and proud!

I am happy and content, because I see the boys doing exactly what God intended them to do. Spread their wings and discover the world! God has so many opportunities and adventures waiting for them. If they will just put their faith in God...He will be with them guiding and leading them and that gives peace and joy.

"Train up a child and he will not depart from it" - what a great promise to us parents. I have done the best I can with the little time that I have had. I know that no matter what road my children chooses to venture down that the strong spiritual foundation that they were raised upon will always be in them and now today, it is my prayer that they will lean upon that for each step they take.

3 comments:

Denise said...

God bless you sweetie, love you.

BARBIE said...

You've done a great job! There is not a more prouder moment for a mom than to see your children flourish and serving the Lord. My oldest daughter recently turned 18...I cannot imagine the day she leaves.

Laura said...

I know this is difficult and exciting all at the same time. Wish I had been able to stop by sooner and see this post. Know that you're special to me and I'm sorry when I can't read every day what's going on in your life. I can totally identify with you on this one!! :)
Love ya!