Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A PIECE OF MY HEART ...do not be dismayed

I am still enjoying some R & R with my family here in Orlando , Florida but what an amazing trip we have had thus far. I am sure that I will be posting about the adventures and the hand of God that has led us thru this family vacation at a later date.

But for today, I wanted to share with you what God seems to be saying over and over to me during this trip ... "Be strong and trust Me!" Last night as our family gathered in our little hotel suite, I shared Joshua 1:9 with them for a family devotion.

JOSHUA 1:9 "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

The word that jumps out at me here is the word "DISMAYED"! Certainly these past few days, God has shown up in ways totally unimaginable to me. We should never be dismayed or discouraged because when God does amazing things in our life and with our life ~ it is totally over the top!
No matter where we may be ... God is near!
Can you see Him?

and that is a piece of my heart today;

3 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

Beth in NC said...

Girl, it makes me wonder what we are about to see in this country.

What a great reminder. Thank you!

Love,
b

Anonymous said...

This was very encouraging! I will be back to read more. You have a wonderful blog.