Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A PIECE OF MY HEART...traveling without a map

No matter where the road may take you...whether it is a long trip or just across town, from time to time we all need help in finding our way. Today's world is full of easy access for finding directions.

Before I go on a road trip, I always go to Map quest and map out my way. It simplifies my travel experience so much. Some of you even have it easier than that if you have a GPS in your vehicle. These gadgets are great ... it tells you where to turn and if you have gone too far, it tells you to turn around!

I cannot imagine heading out on a trip without some kind of help in steering me in the right direction of where I am headed to.

GENESIS 12:1 "The Lord said to Abram, 'Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land that I will show you' "

When Abraham heard God telling him to leave his family and go to another country that God would show him later ... Abraham did just that! He didn't know where God was leading him, but he went simply because God told him to go.

Now that is faith!

Living by faith is being willing to go when God tells you to go, even when you don't know where or what or when or how. When we allow God to be our road map in life, we must give up control and ease and familiarity.

Living by faith rarely is comfortable. If you were to go on a long road trip and you got lost in a bad part of town...most likely you would feel a little bit uncomfortable. When we take a step of obedience and follow God's route, we will not rely upon our confidence but the confidence in Who is leading and guiding us.

Without a map ....
you are bound to get lost.

Don't find yourself traveling this life without a map. Without God's leading, that is.

HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU IN FOLLOWING GOD TO A PLACE YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH? I hope you are living by faith and trusting Him to show you the way!

and that is a piece of my heart today;

1 comment:

Denise said...

Well said my friend.