Monday, May 18, 2009

A SURGE OF ENERGY

Have you ever felt so tired and so exhausted that you simply thought you could sleep for a day or two? Recently, I felt just about this tired. I was so exhausted that when I finally fell into the bed one evening, I relished the thought of sleeping until past lunchtime the next day.

But of course...that didn't happen at all! For one thing ...I am a mother and mothers do not GET TO sleep in and secondly ... I had way too many things to accomplish and even though my body was saying "sleep...sleep" - my mind was saying "get up...get up"!

Even when we are tired and exhausted, somehow we muster up enough energy to accomplish the things that we need to accomplish.

The dictionary defines energy as "the vigorous exertion of power." This type of energy has to do with effort, strength, potency, and might. Who has ALL of these attributes?

God does!

ISAIAH 40:29 "God gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength."

So next time you feel just simply worn out, depleted, low on energy and exhausted...don't look to your energy bar or energy drink to bring you strength. The trainer at the local gym cannot bring you this vigorous exertion of power either. The strength I am talking about comes directly from the Lord.

Have you asked for His strength today?

3 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

Kristina said...

Thanks for the reminder! I needed that! :-)

Laurie Ann said...

He is definitely our source for strength and power. Couldn't make it through the day without Him. Great post!