Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A PIECE OF MY HEART ... designed with purpose

I was already a few minutes late, the movie previews had already started, but if I didn't use the restroom now I would certainly have to get up in the middle of the movie and miss out on something really important! After washing my hands quickly, I looked around for the towel dispenser ....noticing it above my head, I hurriedly reached above my head for a towel. RATS! Water begins dripping down my wrists from my wet hands and now drips down into the sleeves of my shirt. "Who on earth designs these things?" - I mutter under my breath ... do I look like a LA Laker or a woman on stilts? "Why can't they just put things where they belong?"

Have you ever wondered about stuff like that? Why would someone put a towel dispenser UP instead of DOWN? Why would someone build a kitchen with only a few cabinets? Why would someone install windows in a home that do not open or shut? Why on earth would someone build a storage room OUTSIDE of the house for their washer and dryer? (yep ... you can see that in the good 'ole south!)

When I think about the crazy designs made by man, I have to just laugh and say thank you to God that He put more thought into His plans than people seem to do!

"God...You didn't make this world on a whim, did You? "

Absolutely NOT!

PSALM 33:11 "The plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations."

ISAIAH 46:10 "I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."

God's plans for our life will unfold at a perfect place, with an understanding of our past, present and future. The blueprints of our life are drawn with the Heart of God!

DID YOU KNOW THAT A DESIGN FOR YOUR
LIFE HAS BEEN MADE WITH A PURPOSE?

and that is a piece of my heart today!

2 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

I have wondered those things many times! I love this: The blueprints of our life are drawn with the Heart of God!

Amen!!!!!

Great post, my friend. See you Friday!

Jennifer said...

Great post!

I am so thankful that a man didn't design me! LOL! But, I sure wish I had a say in how a man was designed!!! Know what I mean?

3 more days...can you say day road trip? Yeah!

((hugs))