Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WEDNESDAY WEEKLY WORD...making good sense!

God really did a good thing when He gave us all of our 5 senses. Sight, Hearing, touch, taste, and smell. Each and every day we take these for granted. Until one of them is removed. For years now, I have not been able to smell anything. I never realized what a blessing it is to smell a cake baking or a fresh bouquet of flowers. How I miss being able to smell sweet fragrances.

Many times what happens when one of our senses is gone, the other remaining senses become stronger.

In last weeks YOUR OPINION MATTERS POLL, I polled the readers the following question: "Which of your 5 senses could you live without?" The top 3 answers were...

1. 40% responded that they could live without "taste".
2. Another 40% voted and said they could live without "smell".
3. 30% said that they could live without "hearing".

As Christians, we have a 6th sense, and that is our faith. I don't think I could live without having faith. Without it, none of these other senses really matter. It is the most important and most certainly it is the one sense that I want to be the strongest. I could live without being able to hear or see, and I would miss the touch of someone I love, but if I lost the sense of having faith, I couldn't make it a day.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  Hebrews 11: 1(NKJV)

Having faith, real faith in God is so much more than just acknowledging you have faith...

1.) REAL FAITH IS NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU SAY
2.) REAL FAITH IS NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU FEEL
3.) REAL FAITH IS NOT JUST SOME SOMETHING YOU THINK
4.) REAL FAITH IS NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU BELIEVE
5.) REAL FAITH IS SOMETHING YOU DO

So, what kind of faith do you have? Do you operate in your faith like one of your other senses?

No comments: