Thursday, March 31, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY...just one call away!

My son called me the other day to ask me a favor. Him and his wife are moving to a different apartment this weekend and they need our help. I remember how much work is involved in moving, so of course, I cleared my calendar to be able to help them in any way possible.

I was thinking about that phone call, and how easy it was for my son to call us up to ask for help, and how eager we, as his parents, were to help him.

Isn't that the same picture we should have of God?

Our Heavenly Father is so eager to be there for us, to help us, and guide us, but unlike my son, we sometimes are not as eager to ask Him for the help.

When we are sick, the first person we consult is our doctor.
When we are broke, the first place we go to is to the loan office.
Many times, in our times of need, going to God is our second choice or our last resort.

As a child of God, I want to be like my son, and not be hesitant to ask for help. I want to have a childs confidence that no matter what he needs, that he can count on his parents. God wants to help us, we can count on Him...but we have to be willing to make the call.

He is just one call, one prayer away. I am so thankful today that no matter the time, the day or the situation, that God is always near and always willing and able to help me.

Psalms 121:1-3 "I will lift up my eyes to the hills — From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber." NKJV


IRIS is hosting THANKFUL THURSDAY today. You can share your grateful heart with us by linking up over at http://www.eph2810.com/ . Next week you will find TT over at Lynn's place!


4 comments:

becky aka theRAV said...

This is another good post. Right on. I think our children will always ask us for help & we will willingly help them as much as possible. We must always remember to call upon the Lord for help first.

Judy said...

What a lovely reminder that we are God's beloved children--and that of course, He provides for us. Have a blessed week!

Dawn said...

I needed this reminder! I need to consult him first in everything. I love that your son inspired this truth in you. :-)

Joan Hall said...

So true, Laurie. Often we run to God as a last result rather than going to Him first.

I read your comment on Iris's blog about the financial provision. God is good!

Blessings,
Joan