Wednesday, March 16, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY...peace that passes all understanding!

Many times when I hear people talk about "peace", my thoughts wander to the warm thought of world peace or peace attained between two quarreling people. I wonder why when we speak about having peace, we don't automatically think of the biblical term of peace?

After all, without it, the peace of God that is, it is difficult to attain any other kind of peace. God really showed me this week how His peace is the first stepping stone to bridging the gap with any other kind of turmoil, disagreement or confusion.

For instance, if we are concerned with the turmoil that our country is in, without having the peace of God, having a peace of mind that our "world" is going to be alright is almost impossible. Peace does not come from our politicians, or our employers or from our bank accounts...it can only come from God!

Philippians 4:7: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I had something weighing heavy on my heart this week. I wasn't sure what to do or how things were going to work out. But I chose to trust God in my situation. As I began to trust Him, a peace came over me. I still did not know how things would turn out, but I knew that I knew that God was in control. And almost as quick as I just typed that, God backed up His promise that He would never leave me nor forsake me by giving me concrete evidence that He had everything under control. I received an email from someone that offered me EXACTLY what I was in need of and that I was praying about.

Do you see how that worked? Trust was first, peace was second, blessing was delivered! His peace is the kind of peace that will pass all of our understanding. Even when we don't know the when or how, we can trust the Who!

Aren't you thankful for God's peace? I truly am.

Iris is hosting THANKFUL THURSDAY this week. Please share your TT post with us by linking up. http://www.eph2810.com/

5 comments:

Mel_Cole said...

Very true, you will find peace and blessings in every prayer you send to God. :) Thanks for the post. Thankful Thursday

Brooke said...

sad, but i'm the same. not sure why we have trouble turning things over to Him - He has a great track record with taking care of things!!

Judy said...

I love the progression from trust to peace to blessing. Amen--wonderful reminder!

Tiff said...

I am so VERY thankful for His peace! Without it, I would crumble, indeed.

Patti Hanan said...

I have also found that when I turn control over to God, I find that peace that passes all understanding. Thank you for this encouraging post.