Thursday, October 28, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY ... splashes of color!

My favorite time of the year is upon us.

Fall time. The shift in temperatures. The change in colors. It all reminds me of the beauty of God's creation. How He splashes color into our world.

 Have you ever considered what creation would look like in black and white?

 It might be alittle drab!

But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.   Job 23:10

God not only splashed color in the leaves on the trees but He also splashed majestic colors into His children. When the leaves change color in the fall, they have a crispness to them, a beauty that is impeccable. A beauty that is comparable to a changed heart, a lost soul returning Home.

Seasons change and so do people. God's creative hand is responsible for both.

Today is THANKFUL THURSDAY and I am grateful for the splashes of color in our world. Physically and Spiritually.

What are you thankful for today? Please share your grateful heart with us over at LYNN'S as she is our TT hostess today. Next week we will begin a new month of Thankful Thursday right here at WOMEN TAKING A STAND!

7 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Great post Laurie. I agree -- I love how brilliantly God created all things. The creativity ... the beauty! Even as people we are all so unique. Only God could do such a miracle.

Have a blessed TT!

pam said...

I've been watching God do some MAJOR changing in several people's lives and realized how careful we need to be when we interact with each other. Some who didn't know about the amazing work God was doing reacted to these people in the same frustrated way...not knowing that a change had finally occurred. It was such an eye opening reminder to me to always be mindful...who knows what is going on in someone's life...so walk in grace. I just never know when I'll be meeting a new person.

gemini said...

God is in all things, and we have enjoyed His creation. Our job is to enjoy it and bless others this TT. God bless you in your journey.

Pia said...

Seasons change and so do people. God's creative hand is responsible for both.--- so true. God bless you, laurie.

tammi said...

Oh sweetie, my world IS black and white for at least three months every year!! ;) Well, greyish-brown and white, anyway! Our colours are long gone and we wait for the first good snowfall to perk up the drabness that is late fall on the Canadian prairies.

I love this post. It's so true, God's hand is responsible for change, both physical and spiritual. So glad to know He works in MY life. (even though sometimes it stings a little!)

Heather said...

It would be very boring if everything was black and white!! Thank God for His creativity! Looking forward to meeting at your blog next month!

becky aka theRAV said...

Being an artist, I love color. I love the changing colors of the leaves. I am so thankful everything is NOT all black and white! It would be very drab. I like to think I am one of God's colorful characters. I really like this post. Thanks for doing it.