Friday, June 4, 2010

I knew you'd come!

There is a story that goes something like this:

There were 2 brothers who were fighting side by side in France. Both brothers struggled to return to their unit, but only one returned safely. The returning soldier pleaded with his commanding officer to let him return to the front lines to look for his lost brother. Reluctantly, the officer gave permission. Sometime later, the soldier returned with his brother draped around his shoulders. But, just as they crossed the safety of the bunker, his brother gasped his last breath and died. The officer quickly said to the soldier, "See, I let you risk your life for nothing!" But the soldier responded and said, "No. When I found my brother and held him, he said to me...'I knew you'd come!' "
As I finish packing for my missions trip to Ecuador, I cannot help but think about the Ecuadorian people that we will be ministering to. My heart is so full, to share Christ with those that are so hungry for Him and to help build a Youth Campground, the first in the country of Ecuador. I wonder how many Ecuadorians have prayed for someone to come and share Christ with their people?

1 SAMUEL 26:23 "The Lord rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness."

The greatest reward for me would be to hear someone say, "I knew you'd come!"

Please pray for me and the missions team as we go minister to the Ecuadorian people. Maybe you can't go on such a missions trip, but if you agree in prayer with me ... you are partnering with me and you are part of the missions team!! We will be there June 5th-19th. We covet your prayers!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sweet sis, you have my love and prayers.

Karen said...

Laurie, I have always had a heart for missions and evangelism. I will be praying for you and your team and those you will meet in Ecuador. Bless you.

Karen said...

Praying...