Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A PIECE OF MY HEART...digging away at the debris

When I was growing up, I remember going to my Grandparents house and helping tear down their house. I don't really remember why they were tearing down their house but what I remember are the piles and piles of lumber and roofing material.

It appeared that the debris was piled nearly to the roof (ok it probably wasn't piled THAT high but to a kid, it really appeared to be!) It seemed no matter how long or how many people worked at digging away the debris - it seemed to not make a dent in the pile.

This reminds me of a story I read earlier this week of a boy who was helping his parents remodel their old farmhouse. The old material was piled high, nearly to the ceiling. The young boys job was to begin cleaning up the old material. Noticing the look on the boys face when he saw how high the pile was, the father encouraged his son by saying to him, "Just keep at it Son and remember one piece at a time and you will get it done."

After several hours of working, the boy was grimacing but yet still working. The father who had peeked in on him noticed how the boy was moving slowly but yet he had not given up. Smiling, the man moved beside his son and without a word spoken, he began to help him out with the clean-up.

Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through Him Who gives me strength."


Like this story, I often times look at the mountain that sits before me and all I can see is the debris. It appears that the mountain is piled way too high for me to climb or even tear away the rubbish. But if I can just be determined like the young boy was, I just know that one piece at a time, one day at a time, that my endurance will reap the reward.

But I can't do it alone. The little boy needed his father to help him and I need my Heavenly Father to help me! He hears my cry for help, He offers His encouragement and His strength to move the mountain right out of my way.

Do you have a mountain standing in your way? Is it too high or difficult for you to move? Remain determined and hopeful and expect God to step in and help!

and this has been a piece of my heart today!


2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

To tell you the truth I have a few mountains in front of me right now. More like a range so to speak, haha...But it is so true what you said. I get up, put on my armor (God's armor I mean) and after much prayer, begin my day. One thing, one step at a time. I'm soo glad that I have the Lord to give me the strength and endurance, as the climb otherwise would be unclimable. Have a great day Laurie, Blessings to you, Debbie