Monday, October 30, 2017

DAILY DEVO...you be you and I'll be me!

TODAY'S DEVOTION...

"We are not trying to please people but God, Who tests our hearts." (1 Thessalonians 2:4b)

God never intended us to become someone for the sake of others, instead, God made us  who we are for His sake!

I learned a long time ago that you can't please everyone all the time. In fact, many times you can't please some people any of the time.

God made me to be me and He made you to be you. Don't let others define who you are. There's no worse place to be than in an identity crisis, trying to find out who you are and what your purpose is.

Moses had an identity crisis. Born a Hebrew slave, but raised Egyptian royalty. When Moses grew up, he had a choice to make: to become who others said he was or become who God intended him to be.

I see too many people today trying to be something they are not. What I love about Moses is that he chose to give everything up to become who God wanted him to be.

My question today is this: whom are you trying to please, God or man?

Be who God created you to be and I will do the same. Together, we can make a difference because God's love has already defined us.

BLESSINGS. Laurie

TODAY'S READING...Jeremiah 26-27, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-2:8, Proverbs 11:12-21

No comments: