Tuesday, August 15, 2017

DAILY DEVO...finding peace

TODAY'S DAILY...

Finding peace in your life is much more than having a temporary absence of strife. It is more than just having "enough" to squeak by or having a brief time of things going well. Peace, my friend, can only be found in God. 

We try so hard to find peace in other people, relationships, careers, money, investments, even our emotions. But I have found that all of those things will change, fail us or fall away. 

God never intended for His children to live life full of anxiety and worry. Before He left His Disciples, Jesus told them to not let their hearts be troubled...

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives." (John 14:27)

If you are looking for peace, you will never find it until you trust God. Trusting God doesn't mean everything will be perfect but I promise, you will find a peace that is unexplainable. 

Have a blessed (and peaceful) day. LAURIE


DAILY SCRIPTURE READING: Ezra 1-3, Romans 5, Psalm 119:1-8

No comments: