Thursday, June 1, 2017

DAILY DEVO...dance before the Lord

TODAY'S DAILY...

I cannot even imagine the beauty that God saw in David as He danced and worshipped before Him.

It wasn't the music in the streets that put a dance in David's step but rather the music in his soul.

His heart burned with passion, joy, hope, gratefulness, and love. On the streets of Jerusalem, David danced freely, not aware of anyone else except the Lord.

(2 Samuel 6:14a) "And David danced before the Lord with all his might."

Have you ever acted a fool? Oh, I suppose some of you reading this, have hooped and hollered alittle bit at a baseball game or a concert. But when's the last time you got hyped up about the Lord?

David was so in love with his God that he danced with all of his might before God. He didn't care what others thought or how he looked in front of others.

This is how I want God to see me, that no matter what or who surrounds me, that my dance (and hoop and hollering) will all be for His glory!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE READING: 2 Samuel 5:1-7:17, John 9:35-10:10, Psalm 85:8-13

1 comment:

Marama said...

Beautiful! Yes, I'd like to dance like David danced!