Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Daily Devo...got questions?

We all have questions. We question people why and we often question God why. Job in the Bible asked a lot of "why" questions. I think it's totally human nature to ask such questions.

Somehow, we think if we understand the answer, it will make our pain and misery easier.

In today's Scripture reading in John, we see that the role is switched. Instead of being asked a question, Jesus Himself, is the One asking the question...

(John 6:5-6) When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, He said to Philip, "Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” He asked this only to test him, for He already had in mind what He was going to do."

Here, we see that Jesus asks Philip the question of "where", but it couldn't be because Jesus needed to know the answer, for He already had a plan and He knew exactly the "where, when and how." Jesus wanted to see how much Philip trusted Him.

It's like that in our life also. When you ask me those hard questions in life like "why did they die?", "why did they leave me?" or "where is God?" I can only give the answer that I know to be true..."I"! DO"! "NOT"! "KNOW"!

I really don't know some of those answers. Some things just aren't for us to know, only God knows.

The question for us to answer today is "will we trust Him?" It is so comforting to me to know that even in the midst of my questions and not understanding, God already knows about it and has a plan in motion.

It's alright to ask questions but can you trust Him even if the answer isn't what you want or need?

BLESSINGS. Laurie

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE READING:  1 Samuel 20-21, John 6:1-21, Psalm 80:8-19

No comments: