Wednesday, March 8, 2017

DAILY DEVO...be still and know He is God

In today's scripture reading in the book of Psalms, we come to one of my favorite verses...

(Psalm 46:10) "Be still, and know that I am God".

“When I think of being still, I realize that for most of us, it is difficult to do. It goes all the way back to when we were young. I remember not being still and my Mom would tell me that I had "ants in my pants".

The word "still" in this passage has nothing to do with jumping ants, rather, it means to "let go" or "release". If we want to be still before the Lord, we must learn to submit ourselves, willingly to Him.

I find so much comfort in this Psalm, knowing that no matter what comes my way, God is the One thing that stays constant. He never moves. He never changes.

I willingly let go of all those things that are out of my control and release them into the Hands of God. When this happens, I can truly be still (have peace) because God said He would take care of it.

Take a minute to slow down, be still in the middle of your chaos and focus on what this Psalm is offering...

Peace...be still...know that He is God!

BLESSINGS. Laurie

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE READING: Leviticus 27, Mark 8, Psalm 46.

No comments: