Wednesday, July 6, 2016

DAILY DEVO...fill my cup

The following DEVO I wrote in November 2011, thank you for being patient with me as I recover from hand surgery:

When you fill up a glass full of milk or any other beverage ... what is inside the glass is what will pour out. This thought reminds me of when God filled me with His Spirit ... it felt like He had filled me with liquid love.

God did something inside of me, and what I was feeling inside is what showed up on the outside of me. I felt happier. I loved more. I had the ability to forgive. I became more patient. Grace was not so hard for me to extend to others.

Having this kind of change inside of us is much like going to the beverage stand at the restuarant where you can just keep refilling and refilling your drink. God's liquid love is never ending as He continues to fill us as we seek Him.

Is your glass of "liquid love" full or empty? Ask God today to renew, restore and re-fill you! And He will.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new." (2 Cor. 5:17)

BLESSINGS. Laurie

No comments: