Wednesday, May 25, 2016

DAILY DEVO...we are what we eat


I know someone, like I'm sure you do, who has something to say about every conversation there is at the table. Their comments aren't always positive or instructive. What goes thru someone's mind to say inappropriate things, anyway? I think the Bible covers this well...

"Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think about these things." (Philippians 4:8)


What Paul is suggesting is that we control what comes into our minds. For the things that we think upon and allow inside will be what eventually comes out on the outside.

Reminds me of my friend who is a BeachBody fitness coach, every thought in her head, every word that she speaks, every post she puts on social media screams fitness. All you have to do is listen to her for 5 minutes and know what she is passionate about, because what we hear and see is what she lives and breathes.

I'm all for our bodies to get healthy but what about our minds and our hearts? If you want healthy and positive things to show on the outside, monitor what you allow on the inside.

The saying is true..."we are what we eat", not only physically but spiritually as well. What are you feeding on these days?

Believe it or not, what you feed upon (or think upon) will always show up as you sit at the table. I don't know about you but I want my passion for Christ to be my main staple. May the things that others hear and see in us be the Christ that we live and breathe!

No comments: