Tuesday, March 1, 2016

TODAY'S DAILY...Fate or the Divine Will of God?

Since 2007 I have been writing Christian devotions and I have had the awesome privilege of sharing them on several Christian websites including my own personal blog.

Throughout this 9 year journey I have met a lot of great godly women but only thru my writing, never face to face. Until last night.

As I sat across the table from my dear cyber friend for the first time, feeling like we had done this a million times, I couldn't help thinking how some may think this meeting was fate.

But was it?

According to the Bible, we live our lives for a certain period of time; not a moment longer and not a moment shorter.

Solomon wrote, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot" (Ecclesiastes 3:1–2). 

I don't believe in fate. What I do believe in is the perfect timing and the perfect will of God. As Solomon observed, there is a season for everything. We are not victims of the fickle finger of fate or dumb luck. If you are a Christian, then you have come into God's providence, which means that He will guide and direct your steps. It means that your times are in His hands.

It was no accident that my path crossed all those years ago with my blogging buddy. Everything we have experienced together brought us to this moment; God's plan.

You see 9 years ago I had no idea that I would be co-pastoring a church with my husband and my friend had no idea that she and her husband would become a missionary to Bolivia. But God knew and it wasn't fate that brought us together but His divine plan.

I can't wait to see how we can invest in the lives of someone in Bolivia. God's plan is so much bigger than fate!





1 comment: