Thursday, December 31, 2015

LACED WITH GRACE....do you have a bucket list?



As we close out the year, I sit here thinking over the past 364 days: oh the things that have happened; some sad, some happy and some things that I thought would happen - didn't. So, the calendar moves on and in a few hours we embark on a new year, new adventures, new hopes, new dreams and yes, even some new disappointments.


In my Bible devotion reading today, I was directed to Revelation 19:11:
"Now, I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He Who sat on him was called Faithful and True." (NKJV)
I am sure that most of you are like me and you have dreams. Even though I don't really make New Year Resolutions, I do have a "bucket list", I refer to it more like my dreams, visions and aspirations that I would like to see happen this side of Glory. Do you have some of your own?


Oh, the stories that I could tell on how that "dream list" or "bucket list" has changed over the years. It seems when I was younger, my list was much longer and much more detailed. But now that I am getting a little bit older, I guess you could say my list is more realistic. Like for real, what are the chances that I am going to actually travel around the world in 90 days? I guess you could say that I've had to tweak my list here and there.


All of us have made plans in this life that maybe did not materialize or turn out exactly how we had expected it to. Ten years ago if you would have told me that on my bucket list it appeared that my husband and I would be living in a small, rural town pastoring a precious, small church, I would have laughed and then I would have looked down and crossed it off! One thing that I have learned about dreams, visions and lists is that not everything goes according to our plan.


God sometimes has to tweak our plans and redirect our focus to align with His plans and His focus for our lives. I guess you could say that is what happened when He sent us to this little town outside of Memphis right when I thought I had it all figured out. I'm not at all disappointed with how things have turned out, oh there have been some things that have brought me disappointment in this past year, but standing in the Will of God is not one of them.


Now that I took you on a rabbit trail ... let me return to the daily verse that God brought me to today. You see, even when life brings us disappointments or when things don't go exactly how we think it should or could, God reminds us that everything is going to work out just right and EXACLTLY according to His plan!


You see, we have a Redeemer Who is also called FAITHFUL and TRUE, and He will accomplish everything that He has ever promised. Good will triumph over evil; death, hell and the grave WILL be defeated! The redeemed of the Lord WILL enter into an eternity of worshipping the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!


That should make someone shout today! The future that you and I hold cannot be held down to broken promises, faltering lists and disappointing dreams that never come true, not when we have a faithful and true God Who will one day make ALL things bright and new!


So, as you end this year of 2015, no matter what it brought; joy, pain, sadness, disappointment, sickness, death: REJOICE in the promise that 2016 is the year of the Lord and this may be the very year that the Lord comes back for His Church ...may we all be found ready without spot or wrinkle.
"Looking for that Blessed Hope, and the Glorious Appearing of the Great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." -Titus 2:13
Now, that my friend, would be an awesome thing to cross off our bucket lists! May we all keep a watchful eye and an expectant heart in this new year that God has brought us to.




 HAPPY NEW YEAR and MAY ALL YOUR "BUCKET LISTS" BECOME COMPLETED!



*Check out this and other daily devo's also over at www.lacedwithgrace.com







No comments: