Monday, September 7, 2015

LACED WITH GRACE....Who has your back?

Today, I have shared the following devotional with the readers of Laced With Grace! For daily devotionals, check out this site! www.lacedwithgrace.com


****




You are my refuge and my shield, Your Word is my source of hope.” -Psalm 119:114


Have you ever gone thru something difficult and just needed someone to have your back? I remember when I was in high school, I had a circle of friends that did everything together. We walked to classes together, we ate lunch together, we walked home after school together, we went to Friday night football games together, we hung out at each others houses on the weekends together; you could say that we were “inseparable.”


The cool thing that came out of that kind of bond was that thru thick or thin, we had each others backs. We knew each other so well that if someone tried to mess with us or try spreading gossip, we knew exactly if it was right or wrong. We knew each others personalities, flaws and character and we had no problem defending one another.


Since then, I have learned a few life lessons. First of all, strong bonds between friends like that are rare these days and secondly, it is difficult to find people who will have our backs thru thick and thin. Nowadays, at the first sign of trouble, people scatter. No one wants to get involved or mixed up in other peoples lives.


When the going gets tough, we need someone to have our backs. And THIS is why I love the scripture in Psalm 119. It speaks to me that no matter what comes my way, no matter how difficult it is, God has my back!!


God IS our refuge and shield. When we need protection – He is our protector! When we need encouragement – He is our encourager! When we need to escape – He provides the way! He is the Friend that will never leave us or forsake us. He won’t lie on us, cheat us, or abandon us. His love for us doesn’t change just because we change. He is the real deal and because He knows us by name; He also knows our inner thoughts, our flaws, our strengths and our motives and when push comes to shove, He will defend us like no one else could.


God loves you and He would have you know today that when it seems like everyone has abandoned you or turned on you, He hasn’t. Keep striving to be more like Him, keep looking forward and don’t worry about what is behind you because your back is covered by the Blood!


PRAYER: Dear Lord, THANK YOU for being my everything. Help me to remember that I am never alone, You are with me at all times, for all times. I can never repay You for my life, but I can give you my life wholeheartedly to do whatever you see well to do with it. AMEN