Thursday, December 18, 2014

Todays Daily...walking backwards

TODAY'S DAILY...

It isn't easy to navigate your steps well when you walk backwards. I suppose that is because our feet were meant to go forward.

If I were to walk backwards, I would have the need to constantly turn my head and look behind me. Making sure there were no obstacles in my way to trip me or cause me to get off course.

As a Christian, I have to ask you..."are you walking backwards?"

Do you find yourself constantly looking back over the mistakes you have made or are you looking straight ahead, concentrating on the next step you will take?

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize." -Philippians 3:13,14

Paul couldn't of said it more plainly. What is behind us is behind us, you can't do anything about it, so you my as well pick yourself up, brush the past off and keep moving.

Don't let your past prevent you from walking towards the prize. If you need to walk backwards...just keep your eyes on God and let Him steer your steps. Never turn and look back.


No comments: