Thursday, October 16, 2014

Laced with Grace....Honey, I'm bald!

Today, I shared the following Devo with the readers of Laced with Grace. Check this great Christian devotional site out...www.lacedwithgrace.com.


I  heard a story about a man who loved his thick and wavy hair, but one day he noticed he was losing some of his hair. Day after day, his hair was thinning until one day he was left with just one hair on top of his head. One morning he awoke and found his one lone hair laying on his pillow. He jumped up and hollered to his wife, “honey, I’ve gone bald”!

The thing about this story that strikes me is that even though the man did not notice the change until it was all gone, God knew exactly how many strands of hair he had or didn’t have.
“Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” -Luke 12:7
As a child, I would get a visual in my head of God counting one strand at a time the hairs on my head. I wondered how He kept track of the ones I lost every single day as I combed my hair out. Did He count the strands every day or just subtract the strands left behind in my brush?

The man in the story couldn’t even keep count, how could God?

What you, me and the balding man from the story need to understand is that it is not about God counting hairs, it is about God knowing every single detail about us. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, that He is not fully aware of.  He knows about our thoughts, our dreams, our heartache, and our insecurities. And He knows about our hair too.

Imagine that, if our hair count is important enough for God to keep track of, how much more does He care about everything else about us?

God cares about you. Every single strand and then some.

PRAYER: Thank You God for caring about me. From the top of my head to the bottom of my toes, You love me. Even when my hair falls out or when my life falls apart, You are there and You know exactly what I need, when I need it. Thank you! AMEN

No comments: