Thursday, August 7, 2014

DAILY DEVO..remembering the good calls in life, not just the missed ones!

Regret is an awful friend to have. In fact, for most of us, it is an unwanted friend but yet one we let into our lives.

All of us have that one, two or three things they wished they could do differently. ("If I knew then what I know now..) Don't worry my friend, life is full of missed opportunities and full of people desiring do-overs.

Sometimes there just aren't second chances....

Every day, since last Wednesday, I look at my phone and see a missed call from my Mom. Every day, since Wednesday, I'm filled with great remorse and regret. If only I had picked up the phone one last time. If only.

But God reminded me of all of the awesome phone calls I had with my Mother. So why do I dwell on that one that I missed? Regret is not my friend. And it's not yours either!

Romans 8:37 "In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us."


? for today...Got regret? Give it to God, He will make you a conqueror over it!

Think on the good calls in life, not the missed ones!

**I haven't written since losing my Mom last week, but she would not want me to stop writing. It is the one thing she was so proud of. This one is for you Mom!

No comments: