Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vitamins for the soul

Do you take daily vitamins?

My husband does, religiously. B-12, B-complex, C, E, Calcium, and Omega 3-6-9, to mention a few. The bottles are lined up on our counter, as a reminder for him to take them each day.


The funny thing about vitamins is that you cannot take them just one day and feel the effects, vitamins only do good if you take them over a period of time. One day, one pill, cannot give you strength, stamina and extra calcium or iron. However, over a long period of time, vitamins will strengthen you like never before. In the same sense, meditating on Gods Word is like taking a vitamin.

Do you remember when you first became a Christian?

I do, and at that time I could not get enough of His Word. Every scripture that I read came alive to me and each Word was like a flash of lightning straight to my heart. The less I read, the further the lightning feels. Just like taking a vitamin only once or twice, reading God's Word here or there will not give us the spiritual strength that we need.

PSALM 119:103 "How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth."

The regimen my husband has for taking his daily vitamins takes discipline, and it also takes desire to have a stronger immune system. Getting into God's Word will not only strengthen our walk with Him, but it will build a stronger immune system against the fiery darts of doubt, depression and deception.

"So, then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." (Romans 10:17)

God is looking for a strong army, not one that is bulked up but one that is obedient and disciplined. We all need to be spiritually strong for the battles that are brewing. His Word is the greatest multi-vitamin we could ever consume.

Have you had your daily dose of spiritual strength today?


1 comment:

Denise said...

Thanks for this, bless you.