Thursday, March 22, 2012

THANKFUL THURSDAY...People need people!

Imagine what your life would be like without people. I know, I know ... some days, going it alone sounds pretty heavenly. Escaping the distractions and drama that often comes with interacting with people may seem like a dream come true.

But in all honesty, without people in our lives, we probably wouldn't be who we are today. I'm not just talking about those people who have poured themselves into us -the ones that have mentored us, trained us and disciplined us (like our parents, teachers and bosses), I am also talking about those people who have challenged us, made us mad, who have talked about us and who have gotten on our ever last nerve.

People. The positive and the negative. We need them ALL to become stronger, wiser and better.

Relationships are a vital part of our life. I was recently reminded of this when we visited our sweet little grand baby. She is 5 months old and this was only the 2nd time we have seen her. It was so much fun playing with her and watching her smile at us. She ate up the extra attention we were giving her. Love and joy is shaping her young life right now, but what about those babies that don't have love and attention, how different is their disposition?

I would suggest it is very different.

Love is the molding factor in our lives. It is a proven scientific fact that if a child is kept in a dark, dismal place with no interaction, no touch, no sense of love, they will die. Yet a child that is surrounded by love, happiness and a safe surrounding will thrive in their environment.

“A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12

From the beginning of our life to the very end, we need people. Even Jesus had people around Him, He had His family and friends and His disciples who loved Him, helped Him and encouraged Him all throughout His life here on earth. According to the above scripture found in Ecclesiastes, it is a matter of fact that in this life we WILL be attacked and even defeated, this is why we must have people in our lives!

"Two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better..."

We are not meant to go alone in this life. We need love. We need help. We need encouragement. If we are to have a strong cord that is not easily broken, we must have strong relationships. First and foremost, we need a strong relationship with God. Secondly, we need a strong relationship with our spouse and our children and thirdly, we must seek to have strong relationships with others.

Some people are easier to love and accept than others. I have had some pretty amazing people in my life that have loved me and stood by my side thru thick and thin. And then there are those other people. The ones that have kicked me when I was down, and turned their back on me when I most needed them. But I am thankful for ALL of the people who have spoken into my life. Both the positive and the negative. Without them, I would not be who I am today.

Today, on THANKFUL THURSDAY, I am thankful for the people in my life. The good, the bad and the ugly. I am thankful for the cord, the one that cannot be broken because when it is all said and done, we are never alone. We always have at least 3 on our side...the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY SPIRIT.

"For a triple braided cord is never broken." -Ecc.4:12

What are you grateful for today? Please share your THANKFUL THURSDAY post with us by linking up below.






9 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

I had the scripture in my wedding... I can't imagine a marriage without the Lord - almost 28 years now. I had tried it before with no success. Beautiful scripture, wonderful message.

Cami said...

I cannot imagine a world without people. Thanks for the reminder :)
Relationships are the most important thing (right behind following Christ!)

Denise said...

Amen, very true my friend.

It Feels Like Chaos said...

So, so true! Bringing our 4th child into our family through adoption has broken our hearts for the orphans who will never be adopted. Children who will age out of foster care and although they will be old enough to physically care for themselves, as adults they will always lack the unconditional love and support of parents. There will be no grandparents for their children!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting this link up!

bp said...

Thanks for hosting.

That's a good point you made that we need all sorts of people in our lives both the positive and negative ones.

God bless you!
Bethany

Jennifer said...

So very true about our need for people...and that *every* person God has put in our lives is there for a purpose. It's hard to remember that last part sometimes! :) Thanks for sharing this today, and thanks for hosting!

Unknown said...

Beautiful blog!!! I so agree we need to be more thankful

Ms. Kathleen said...

I personally spend way to much time alone during the day which is one reason we want to move. I'm more of a people person so time alone doesn't appeal much to me but I do remember times when the kids were little that I would relish alone time.

Great post, great message. iron sharpens Iron..