Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wisdom isn't always age

I have always thought that the older you get, the wiser you will be. Until I got older and then I realized that age has nothing to do with the wisdom that you obtain. I know alot of 40 year old people who behave just as they did in their 20's. Wisdom often comes from hard knocks in life, making a choice to grow and depending upon the leading of the Holy Spirit

This can happen at any age.

7 I thought, ‘Age should speak; advanced years should teach wisdom.’ 8 But it is the spirit[a] in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding. 9 It is not only the old[b] who are wise,    not only the aged who understand what is right."  Job 32:7-9

Just because someone is older, or more experienced does not necessarily make them wiser. It is the Holy Spirit that gives us wisdom and discernment. If we lose that connection of the Spirit that lives within us, then it doesn't matter where we are, what we do, or how many times we have done it! Without the Holy Spirit leading us, we lose a great cord of wisdom in our lives.

I don't know about you, but at age 47 I am not as wise as I need to be. I am leaning upon His understanding and leading to teach me wisdom. Even though age has nothing to do with wisdom, my obedience has everything to do with it.

Do you need some wisdom today? Ask Him, and see what He might teach you today!

1 comment:

Cami said...

AMEN. The Holy Spirit blesses us with wisdom - we just merely need to ask. Thanks for the reminder to ask the Holy Spirit for wisdom on a daily basis!

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life