Monday, February 14, 2011

How much do you love me?

Today is Valentines Day. A day set aside once a year to express our love to our beloveds. Even though this is a holiday, that in my opinion, is totally over commercialized, I love the whole concept of what Valentines Day brings.

LOVE

Some people think this day is about flowers and chocolate but really it is more about the expression of love. Sometimes it feels like my heart is going to burst wide open when I think about how much I love certain people in my life. Especially my family. But just about the time that I think that I cannot love them anymore, I think about 1 Corinthians, chapter 13...

"Love is patient, it is kind, it is not jealous, boastful or rude. It does not demand it's own way, it is not irritable or does it keep records of wrong doings. Love never gives up, it never loses faith. It is always hopeful. Love endures."

I have great love for others, but when I look to the cross I realize just how weak my love is. It is my desire to love people, and not just as an expression of emotion but I want to love people like God loves ... unconditional.

Love is a choice. Not just today, but 365 days a year. There should never be a question in your loved ones mind as to how much they are loved. When I think about the love of God, there is never a question of how much He loves me!

Happy Valentines Day! You are loved!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I agree.

gemini said...

Truly God's love is exhibited in 1 Cor.13...and i love it. God bless and Happy Hearts Day.

internet marketing said...

I like the image and the message .