Monday, November 1, 2010

Who is behind that mask?

Now that the Halloween parties are over
We can put the costumes and masks away for another year. Some of the best costumes are those who you cannot tell who is behind the mask. Once the mask is removed, the true identity is revealed.

The masks that some people wear are not just a Halloween disguise, many people hide behind spiritual masks. Trying to be something they are not. Trying to portray a certain perspective that is far from the truth. Many times what we see on the outside is NOT at all what is accurate for what is on the inside.

We can fool alot of people, but we can NEVER fool God. He knows who we truly are. He knows what lies behind our mask.

PSALM 139:1-3 "O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my ways."

God knows everything about us.
He knows what is really going on on the inside of us. He knows when our outer shell is just a disguise. When we seek Him and allow Him to give us a complete makeover, we can then put away our mask and be EXACTLY what He created us to be.

God is looking for some authentic Christians ... not imposter's!

2 comments:

Michele Williams said...

Too many times I wear masks too. So foolish because sometimes I think I can fool the Lord even though I know I cannot! Thank you for sharing this timely post. God bless you friend.

Denise said...

Amen, well said.