Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WEDNESDAY WEEKLY WORD...things that weigh too much

It seems that once something goes wrong or even might possibly be wrong ... our minds run wild!! It seems to me that when an illness comes upon me, my mind begins to run backwards about what triggered the illness and before I know it, I am fast forwarded to working thru every horribly possible scenario, right up to the point of dirt being thrown onto my casket. I know that I am not alone, many of us get swallowed up in our vast scope of daily worries!

"The moment we are born, we begin to die."

Sounds like an oxy-moron to me, but it is true. From the very beginning, with the first breath we take, we begin an adventure that will eventually lead to our death. If we are not living, we are dying. There is nothing we can do about it, we have to just trust God.

Worrying is the same thing. There is nothing we can do about it - so why not just trust God?

In last week's YOUR OPINION MATTERS POLL, I polled the readers the following question; "What is the last thing that you worried about?" The top 3 responses were:

1. 28% of those voting said they worry about finances.
2. Another 28% voted and said their children.
3. 14% voted and said they worry about their health and the economy.

There is no question about it, we are worriers! Sometimes the weight of the world is just too much too bear, but we should not be surprised at the things that happen that cause us such worry. The Bible says we are not guaranteed a life free from pain or illness. When sin entered the world, it brought with it pain, disease, illness and death. None of us are free from this - we are ALL under the curse that resulted from Adam and Eve's sin in the garden of Eden.

JOHN 16:33 "In the world you will have tribulation."

Jesus never said it would be easy. Instead of asking, 'Why, God? Why me?" - pray this way, "God, what do You want to teach me?"

The Apostle Paul had a painful, lingering condition. He referred to his pain as a "thorn in his flesh." Paul struggled with his thorn, so shall we struggle with ours. Paul prayed and asked for his thorn to be removed, but God's response is exactly what we need to hear today as we feel heavy burdened with things of this life ...

"My Grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor. 12:9)

When we as Christians suffer, it is always an opportunity to  trust God and give Him glory! When we trust Him, His peace will overfill our mind and our soul.

What weighs heavy on your mind today? Lean upon Him and allow His strength to lift the weight of the world off of your shoulders.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart." - Proverbs 3:5

"Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him." - Psalm 2:12


1 comment:

Krista said...

Amen! I am so glad His strength is enough!! :-)

Love Ya!
Krista