Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A PIECE OF MY HEART...talking animals

DO YOU EVER TALK TO YOUR PETS? Often times I talk to my 3 dogs. I like to imagine what my dogs are thinking as they look up at me with their ears perked and their cute faces cocked. How shocked I would be if one day one of them just blurted out, "Yo - lady! How about getting us something to eat!" How crazy would that be?

Disney can make animals come alive and talk so why do we question that God could actually make an animal speak to us? I would definitely listen up if animals spoke to me verbally because the Lord instructed them to. Look at how God used a plain donkey to talk:

"The Lord gave the donkey the ability to speak. It asked Balaam, 'What have I done that deserves you beating me 3 times.' " (Numbers 22:28)

Sometimes we just don't listen to God and He has to use extreme measures to get our attention. If you seek Him, you will find Him - but don't be surprised at the extreme measure He might use to get your attention. He may not use a talking donkey - but you never know!

And this has been a piece of my heart today;

3 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome post sweetie.

Karen said...

I talk to my pets all the time...

God hasn't spoken through one of them...yet...but He has used extreme situations to get my attention in the past...

Great post!

Reisa Mary Stone said...

Dear Laurie,

I was moved by your post. I listen to animals for a living. God has given me this gift, to hear their voices and relay their thoughts and feelings to their stewards.

I'd forgotten about Balaam's ass, and was happy to see the verse posted here. It reminded me how blessed I am to help rescued animals resolve their troubled pasts.

You may be interested in my recent blog post about speaking with animals, and its mention in the scriptures.

http://precioussouls.blogspot.com/2012/01/animal-communication-bible.html

Kind regards,
Reisa Mary Stone