Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A PIECE OF MY HEART...caramel apples

One of my favorite memories when my boys were young, was taking them to an apple orchard in Wisconsin to pick apples. Since moving to the south, that is something we have not been able to experience.

(can you guess which one of my boys this picture is of at the apple orchard?)

AN APPLE BY ITSELF IS GREAT!
It is juicy, and supplies great nutrition!

BUT WHEN YOU ADD ANOTHER INGREDIENT TO THE APPLE....
well it becomes so sweet!

A Christian trying to live without the Holy Spirit is much like an apple...


  • It looks good.
  • It may even have sweet attributes
BUT, when you add alittle bit of caramel (the Holy Spirit) the apple becomes so much more!

Just like this picture depicts the caramel dripping off of the apple....so should we desire God's Holy Spirit in us. He desires to pour out His spirit upon us.

PROVERBS 1:23
"Behold, I will pour out My spirit on you; I will make My words known to you."


NEED SOME CARAMEL IN
YOUR CHRISTIAN WALK?


did you guess right on the 'lil apple picker?







it's son #3...
my 'lil Jordan!





And that's a piece of my heart today!

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Yes, I'd like some caramel and maybe some sprinkles please!! :)

I guessed it was your oldest. Figures I was wrong! :)

Laurie Ann said...

Yummy!!!!!!!!! I guessed wrong, too!

Mary Beth said...

love this, girl.

With crushed up snickers... mmmmmm.