Tuesday, April 22, 2008

YOUR BACK IS COVERED...a piece of my heart

A PIECE OF MY HEART


1 CHRONICLES 22:19
"Now determine in your mind and HEART to seek the Lord your God."


YOUR BACK IS COVERED....
For the past year and half I have had severe back pain and now am nursing a pinched nerve. I have tried Chiropractic care and recently have consulted a neurologist for any kind of treatment that would relieve me of the discomfort; I am willing to try anything to keep from having surgery.

The latest treatment that my family decided would be great for me is to have massage treatments. My husband and Son #3 purchased me some massage coupons at a
local Hospital that has a Rehab Center that offers this kind of treatment. Recently, I had the opportunity to cash in one of these coupons.

Now, I have heard people rave about massages. Can I tell you, that after an hour with this masseuse I hurt from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet! I went in with pain on my right side and when I walked out, I had pain in my neck, on my shoulders, and all over my backside! I guess I had what you call a “deep tissue” massage, because every tissue, every muscle, every cell in my body HURT!

Isn’t that just like some of us?

We start off with one problem but because we try to “fix it” in our own power, (instead of relying on Gods power and strength,) we end up with a whole heap of problems! It ends up worse than what we started with!

My massage experience reminded me that I need to trust Him and rely on His healing power. The healing was not in the hands of that massage therapist, but in His hands and it is in His time! When we rush things and take our difficulties out of His hands, we cause more problems and sometimes more pain (in my case…physical pain!)!

I love what I heard Joyce Meyers say at a recent conference,
Whatever you are going thru…God said He has gone before you and He’s got your back!”

My healing is in His hands! Praise the Lord!
He has my back covered!!

JOHN 16:33
"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."


God has your back covered...
The answer is on the way!

And that's a piece of my heart today;



Love, Laurie

3 comments:

Cheri said...

I have and will continue to pray for your healing. I know what you are going through. I just recently went through physical therapy for a bulging disc in my lower back. I am done with it now and feel much better.

Maybe some form of physical therapy would work for you?

Thanks for the reminder that God's got my back...who can't use that?!!

Laura said...

Praying for your healing. Thanks for the comment today. I know you can hardly wait for that time with your son. Thank you for your prayers.
Laura

Melanie said...

Hi, Laurie. What words of truth! I can't remember anytime where I tried to control a situation and make it better without God that it turned out good. Ultimately, God is the only way. I love the quote you shared from Joyce Meyer... I'm going to remember that one.

Praying for your healing!